Our very first mill was situated in Tar near Poreč. We got started back in the 1950’s, the time of worker co-coperatives. The company invested in its own plantations, which created the need to build its own oil mill.
In 2001, the mill was relocated to Poreč, its current site. The new mill is also the most advanced mill of the kind in the Istrian territory. Further modernisation and investment into new lines and production capacities of the Ol Istria mill took place in 2010 with one million euros put into the works. Two lines of cutting-edge technology were bought making it possible to monitor all key parameters of oil quality.
Ol Istria Olive Oil Mill currently has the most up-to- date Pieralisi equipment, with computers controlling the entire production process. Automatic separator cleaning enables a practically continuous work, which in turn puts the mill capacity of 65 tons per day to maximum use.
The mill area is divided into three segments:
- the “dirty” part comprising the receipt of olives and their cleaning,
- the “clean” part consisting of grinding, kneading, centrifugation and separation,
- the third part that includes the storage area and the filling line.
From 2004 to the present, more than 220 million kunas has been invested into the production of wines, olive oils, hard cheeses and dry-curd cottage cheese, of which more than 5 million went to olive groves. The plan calls for further investments into mill equipment and the purchase of a separator through a 6.3 million kunas worth investment, with further 760,000 kunas planned for the acquisition of new machinery.